Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ava update, Frogs and Dusty

After making the trip to Monterey for today's doc appt. we found out that I am 2cm dilated*, my cervix is soft/ripe? and I have lost my mucus plug**. I go back to the on the Wednesday the 18th. The other good news I got is my doc will only let me go 1 week past my due date!

*Dilation is the process of the cervix opening in preparation for childbirth. Dilation is measured in centimeters or, less accurately, in “fingers” during an internal (manual) pelvic exam. “Fully dilated” means you're at 10 centimeters and are ready to give birth.
**Passing a mucus plug is a sign that your cervix is dilating and your body is starting to prepare for birth. Labor could be hours, days, or even weeks away as the cervix gradually opens over time.




We had a lazy day Sunday, we freed some frogs (four in all) in our pond, chatted with Dusty Bird, and BBQed with the neighbors. Not much else got done:-) What a nice way to spend a warm day.

Be free little frog


This is as close as we to Senior Dusty. We have equal trust issues.



With another daughter on the way I thought we would make it official that Josh is out numbered and switch to a PINK background to our family blog.

No comments: