Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fun at the Monterey Bay Aquarium

I packed up lunches for Lilies field trip. Our baby sitter Alisha came with to take Ava through the aquarium while I toured with my group of kids. This was our group of gals

We spent 45min in the aquarium classroom. We feed Abalone, played with Olive Snails and talked about rocky and sandy shores.
These are the Olive Snails at my station. We took them from a plain water tray to a sand filled tray where the snails burrowed into the the sand.
It wasn't until the end of classroom time thatI realized this guy was behind me, a kelp crab.
The girls liked the Flamingos.
And this penguin thought she was one of the girls♥
We moved on to a touch and feel pool the girls held ocean hermit crabs.
They all got to touch the bat rays, which they were very excited about.
The wave wall was fun.
(notice we went from 4 girls in the start of the day to 5 girls mid day)
Jelly fish

When I saw the kids were eating in front of the school bus I check Lilie out and we headed for a better view.
What do you think better view?
Ava, Alisha & Lilie munching on lunch.
Heading home

No comments: