Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I mixed and matched a couple of recipes to make one I liked


Peach Crumble Recipe
Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (I used turbinado sugar)
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (I have done it with & without works both ways)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Fruit:
2 pounds ripe peaches, cut into 2 inch chunks
1/2 – 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, combine peaches, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey and just enough flour to coat. For me it was slightly less than 3/4 cup. You can remove the peach skins if you want, but I don’t bother. Feels like a waste. Set aside.
Stir together the following in a big bowl: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; 1/2 cup rolled oats (don't use quick-cooking or steel-cut); 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar; 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans; 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Bake for 45 minutes. It’ll be bubbly and golden when it’s done.
*I leave the "fur" on and you can't tell after cooking. Both my kids don't like furry fruit (as Lilie calls it) but have no issues eating this.

No comments: